With the funds raised from the GoFundMe campaign (see more about it here) we purchased the materials needed for building the structure of a dormitory style bathroom. This included the steel studs, the exterior wall cladding and the roof decking. By the end of the day on Thursday, we had completed all of the work! We basically made the building ready to have the next wave of construction; electrical, plumbing, insulation, sheet rock on the inside and windows, siding and roofing on the outside.
We could not have done what we did without the financial support of our friends, family and GoFundMe donors. Together we met the challenge of raising the funds to buy the materials, and met our goal in time. Then we took those funds and in 4 days BUILT AN ENTIRE BUILDING! It just makes me smile to say that. Each and every one of you guys can take credit for that!
Thank you all.
Not much to say here. The clip makes it look easy (and it makes those steel members look light).
Well today was another hard day but we got all of the exterior sheathing up. At time this was easy, just hold up a sheet of SPGlass sheathing and screw it to the exterior wall. Sometimes, there is this extreme slope that goes down hundreds and hundreds of yards into a valet below. So, we dug in and “planted” some scaffolding to hold us up so we can get to the heights we needed. Fun times indeed were had atop that scaffolding. We in the end we persevered and we completed all of the exterior sheathing.
Sharing a wonderful view with my wonderful daughter…
From time to time, one needs to stretch the back and enjoy the view. Not bad, not bad at all…
It was back breaking work, in the hot equatorial sun, but we got the roof sheathing up. Other teams painted, put up drywall and cleaned up the worksite after the hardcore construction was completed. Tomorrow we begin putting up the outside wall sheathing.
The wall sheathing should be interesting because the back of the building faces the valley side of the mountain.